FLOODED CAR

Mercury Sable

My husband drove into water and flooded the car. It is a 2002 merc. Sable 54,300 mil. The ins.L adjuster is saying to replace the engine and dry out the interior. My mechanic, who I know a long time said the car is totaled and even with replacing the engine I may have electirical damage down the road! I am very confused the water entered the car and the engine would not turn over, just a click.
S.carroll

Hi there,

How deep did it go? If the engine was submerged it may have water in the cylinders and the engine is " hydraulically locked) Was the vehicle hot when it went under? If so water will be drawn into the transmission much easily as well and that would be a problem, with out seeing it, I feel that your mechanic is advising you correctly, I have had customers cars which have been drowned, and have been a source of great concern further down the track.

Mhpautos