WON;T START

1996 Mercury Mystique

1996 Mercury Mystique 4 cyl Manual 145, 00 miles

Drove last Wed, went on vacation Thur returned Sat. Tried to drive it on Sun. Cranked but wouldn; t start. Has gas - Since wouldn; t crank - took battery had it charged, still won; t turn over. Any ideas what is wrong?
Rvbca

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

No blue sparks -been told to check the starter - had it checked - it wasn't that. Any other ideas?

Rvbca
No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Mechanic hooked up the car to his " machine" - NOTHING registered - was told as if there was NO CAR attached. What caused this? Since not a Mercury certified mechanic - couldn't be they didn't have right machine/equipment? As much, as I don; t want to - will have car towed to Mercury-Lincoln certified repair shop - you think they'll find what's wrong or just try to pawn off a new car for me to purchase. If they can; t find what's wrong-what's my recourse?

Rvbca