GRANDMARQUIS HAS LITTLE HEAT

1986 Mercury Marquis

My Mercury Grand marquis 1986 has little heat entering the vehicle. The blower flow seems fine. I tried to temporarily clamp the Radiator inlet hose to the Engine for just about 5 minutes and it did not change the heat temperature. What would be the best first thing to check or do?

Thank you
Mesquite5555

First thing is the ant-freeze. Second is themostat. Third blocked heater core, go to radiator shop and get it high pressure blown out! Do you have real good a/c? Check the blend door for binding or bad servo. How is the radiator temp? Hot on top and cool on bottom is good!

Merlin2021
The AC works good. The radiator temp is actually very low. I will take these suggestions you gave into consideration and have a look tonight. Thank you.

Mesquite5555
A vote would be good! If upper radiator is cold go with thermostat first the clogged radiator!

Merlin2021