COST OF REPLACEMENT ENGINE

Mercury Marquis

Hi. I have a 1998 Grand Marquis. The engine needed to be replaced and I had it done, the cost was covered by a third party extended warranty. The repair facility billed 16.5 hours labor for the engine replacement plus 1.4 hours for an A/C evac/recover/recharge. The warranty company would not pay for the 1.4 hours for AC charge as a separate item, they said it should be covered in the 16.5 hours labor time they paid for the engine replacement. The shop sent me a copy of the Mitchell online guide for engine replacement which does not list the AC labor as included in the description of what is included in engine replacement. The warranty company says it is part of the job. I wound up paying $124 for the 1.4 hours labor. Should the AC labor have been part of the 16.5 hours or not? Thanks
Jeff K

The shop is right. Extra option, rusted fastner, a/c disconnect. Evac and recharge are extra. Thats standard. Even dealership practice this. If they wanna protect themself. All they gotta do is stop and call u anytime theres extra. Or else they won't move and u won't get ur car back for another 2 years playing cat & mouse.I do believe this shop is very honest and professional. Think about this. Does any1 complaint if doctor gotta be right on the estimate on a 1st visit with not unforeseen extra. We are mechanics not fortune teller. Be fair.

Kin chan