FUEL PUMP FUSES

1992 Mercury Marquis

Other Category problem
1992 Mercury Marquis V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 16200 miles

the fuse on my fuel pump keeps blowing out when the car is starting this is a 1992 grand marguis has ran very well I would like to keep it.
Cludee

Do you have a repair manual? If not see below-If so find the fuel pump relay in relay center on left side of engine compartment and remove it-now put a new fuse On did it blow?

[quote=" cludee" ]Other Category problem
1992 Mercury Marquis V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 16200miles

the fuse on my fuel pump keeps blowing out when the car is starting this is a 1992 grand marguis has ran very well I would like to keep it The engines 4.6liter is quiet. Can you hepl me with this.

Cludee
This problem is not a very simple thing to fix over the internet. You have a short somewhere within the fuel pump circuit-check the fuel pump relay/inertia cut off switch, fuel pump and wiring.

If you are a DIY with no electrical experience-you need to bring it in. You might end up making things worst then it is.