SLACK IN REAR DIFFERENTIAL OR TRA

2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 59321 miles

I have a 2001 SLK320 Mercedes (automatic). When coming to a stop at a red light and then accelerating again I notice a slackness in the engagement. When I alternate between deacceleration and acceleration quickly there appears to be a slackness in the drive train.I also have noticed a very slight oil leak coming from the rear differential. Otherwise when the car is under normal acceleration on the highway there is not a problem. Any idea what the problem is or whether I should be concerned. The car has had it's regular maintenance checks and has 59321 miles. Thanks For Any Insight
1gator2fingers

If the problem you are describing has indications of mechanical failure, i.E. Noise, vibration, clunks, then I would check the flex disks (MB replacement for driveshaft yokes). Are they cracked or damaged? If mechanically everything seems fine then I would go to the TPS sensor. I have seen these sensors loose their ability to ramp up smoothly causing slow, erratic throttle response.

Gfimotorcars