KEYLESS ENTRY

2003 Mercedes Benz SL500

2003 Mercedes Benz SL500 V8 Automatic 64,000 miles

My keyless entry will not unlock or lock the car. When I push the lock/unlock, it lights up but I have to manually unlock the car.

I also had my car in the driveway, which is very steep, for couple months. When I finally decided to drive it the other day “Red brake light” came on even though I released the emergency brake. Also the message came on indicating " Visit the Service workshop". &Quot; Red brake light" message disappeared when I backed the car out and parked it on the flat ground. However, the " Visit Workshop" message is still on.
Could someone give me some insight? Thanks-
Zephram

More than likely the incline of the driveway caused the brake warning to come on due to the fluid being shifted in the reservior it may have thought the fluid was low. As for the keyless entry. If you know the batteries in the key are good then you may have a failed RF antenna module that picks up the signal for the key. The visit workshop warning however means just that, you probably should take the vehicle in as this code only arises when there is some sort of failure in the vehicle. This may also be the warning indicating that a central locking component is failed (affecting your keyless entry).

Gfimotorcars
Thank you!
Your insight has been very helpful.

Zephram