HEATER BLOWS ALL THE TIME

1995 Mercedes Benz S420

Air Conditioning problem
1995 Mercedes Benz S420 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 131, 00 miles

when ever I turn on the a/c the heater blows at the same time. More so out the sides and defroster, I'm getting a little out of the center vents but it's not very cold.
Mckawood

Hello and thanks for donating

Are you certain that it is the heater that is working or perhaps just that the A/C is not cooling the air so it is blowing in warm outside air? You may need to check the refrigerant level of the A/C system to see if it is low.

Bluelightnin6
No. It blows cold out the middle and back vents, super hot out the left dash vent, warm out the right vent and depending on what setting hot out the defroster

Mckawood
Okay, there must be an issue with the temperature blend door behind the dash. May need to remove some instrument paneling to access the blend door and inspect it carefully to ensure it is operating properly.

Bluelightnin6
Can you tell me where the blend door is?

Mckawood
It will be behind the dash, close to middle of dash but slightly to passenger side some.

Bluelightnin6