MODELS BATTERY OR CONNECTION PROBLE

1995 Mercedes Benz Other

1995 Other Mercedes Benz Models 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

I have a 95 Mercedes C36 which has had a battery drain. The car has not been run recently (replacement of MAF sensor and fuel filter) so when the new parts were installed I tried to start it. Battery was drained - tried charging, but it didn't hold. Bought a new battery and hooked that up. Car turned over and tried to start - no fuel in the new fuel filter, so that took a minute. Then there was a click and a " buzz", and the key alarm sound took on a strange buzzing sound. Turned the key over again, and click, click, click! Thought possibly the new battery needed a charge, so hooked up the charger. Waited a while and tried again - same strange buzz and click, click, click. Unplugged the battery charger and the interior lights immediately went off! Do I have a bad connection somewhere? Have had the battery tested, and it is sending 12.5 volts, with 947 cca (rated at 12 volts and 850 cca)
Drewsome2

Get the battery load tested if it doesn't hold 9.6 volts or better in 10secs take it back-Possible problems: ignition switch, transmission range switch, starter relay, and starter itself. Double check all connections battery and at the starter.