MODELS START UP

1989 Mercedes Benz Other

1989 Other Mercedes Benz Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

when I start the car at times it cranks on first try, and at times I try it, turn off, and retry and it starts, always starts on second try! Any ideas? Also, Sometimes while driving, the Ac/Heater blower knocks off, and drivers seat starts moving, Just the forward and back, Not the backrest or headrest, or up and down. Thanks for any help you can give!
Kev4u2do

Hi there,

as you have not mentioned which motor is fitted, I will go with a general reply, I would first be checking the cold start injector if fitted, and having the fuel pressure and pressure regulator tested. Try this, turn on the ignition and wait 3 sec before cranking, if it starts up with out any problems I feel that it will be a fuel related issue.

Mhpautos
A common reply to a question you cant answer! Why even reply if you are gonna give a standerd try this try that response!, Heres one for you. Can you run a diagnostic test on an 89 benz? If you can answer this right, I will respect your advise, if not.

Kev4u2do
For a 1989 260 E the diagnostic link connector is on the left front fender. see pic.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_Graphic_20.jpg

Mhpautos