AIR CONDITIONING & POWER STEER

2001 Mercedes Benz ML320

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Mercedes Benz ML320 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 61,800 miles

My air conditioner makes a loud clicking noise and stops when the temperature is adjusted warmer, after the car has run for a while I can adjust the temperature cooler without the noise. Sometimes the noise will stop within a few minutes, and at times it can take up to 30 minutes. It also doesn't seem to cool as well as it used to and if the car is running idle, it doesn't cool much at all. Do you think this is just a freon problem or something else?

Also, the car just started making a whining noise right after it's started and seems to get louder when turning the steering wheel, but only lasts for about 2-3 minutes. I'm assuming this has something to do with the power steering. Needs power steering fluid? Or something else?
Princesszoey

For the steering, you probly just need power steerting fluid. Near your belt(s) under the hood thier should be a black box connected to one of the pullies. It should clearly read " power steering fluid" when you take the cap off it will have a dip stick attached, just fill to where it will touch the notch on the stick.
As for the AC ther are many problems from not enough freon, to not enough horse power during idle that could cause your lack of cool and the noise ?

Kevin12881