BATTE\RY DEAD

2006 Mercedes Benz E350

2006 Mercedes Benz E350 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40,000 miles

I know my car has two batteries. I noticed recently that my stereo would not come one so made an appt for tomorrow to have it checked.

I went out this evening to find out the car was dead as a doornail. That is dead as though the battery had been removed. I thought the backup battery would be on

question is does this mean that both batteries need to be replaced? I have my charger on the main battery now.

Can you give me some advise on this and is it necessary to change both batteries out at the same time?

Dennis
Daanderud

Hi there,

It is always advisable to replace both batteries in twin battery vehicles, the second battery will not be far away from failing as well, it is advisable to keep due batteries about the same age and condition.

Mhpautos
I can find no information on the second aux battery anywhere to facilitate buying a new one. Does anyone know what type of battery goes in there?

ALso note on my original post that I was charging my battery and it took almost 10 hours to get to charged starting at 10A charge to float. I took it out for a test drive and it seems fine.

No messages are popping up but keeping the rear cover off to occassionally check the voltage to see if it drops at all overnight.

Thoughts and Thanks for the feedback.

Smiley face -- unable to add

Daanderud
I will look into this a bit further for you.

Mhpautos
Turns out that it is a standard Gel Cell Yusasa, think that's right, 14BS type battery avail at most Battery or motorsport/motorcycle places.

Found it at Batteries Plus.

Thanks all

Daanderud
OK, thanks for that, if you need any more assistance feel feel to re post,

Mhpautos