MERCEDES FLOOD DAMAGE - WONT STAR

2007 Mercedes Benz CLK320

2007 Mercedes Benz CLK320 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 2500 miles

I am looking into purchasing a CLK550 w/ 2500 miles that was salvaged by the previous owners insurance company due to flood damage, halfway up the doors. The car was recently detailed and looks and smells like new, however, the car will not start/turn over - battery test fine. Any Ideas on best case and worst case scnarios as a fix goes? Thanks in advance! Mike K.
Mtkoehler

Hi there,

Frankly they couldn't give me that car knowing that. I would steer well clear of it, there is a good chance that you will have expensive transmission problems down the road, if the transmission was not cleaned and serviced straight after the flood event, the diff also should be serviced, as silt from the flood water in suspension will enter the transmission through the breather, more so if the transmission was hot or warm, this silt acts like grinding stones on every thing, and if the car was driven into the flood this silt may be contaminating the entire transmission.

Mhpautos