CAR ENGINE TURNNED OFF AFTER 30 M

2003 Mercedes Benz CLK320

2003 Mercedes Benz CLK320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70 miles

after using car for 30-40 min the engine turnned off when I stoped pushing the fuel. Then when I park (P) it returns to work normally when I switched on again. But the same wehen stop pushing the fuel it turned off again. Even if I re-start it and keep it at the park position the same after few seconds turned off. But for short trips like 10-15 min its ok & no problem happens. But when its happens I neeed to park the car for at least 3-4 hours to wor normally again for just short trips.(10-15min). Mor than that 30-40 min, I faced the same problem even if the speed were 80km/h & stop pushing the fuel the engine turned off!
Anas999

This could be several things from fuel delivery to sensor malfunction. Does it feel as if the vehicle is running out of gas? If so you may have a faulty fuel pump or clogged filter. If not you may be looking at something like a failed crankshaft position sensor.

Gfimotorcars