CODE P0715

2004 Mercedes Benz C230

Computer problem
2004 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 56384 miles

MBZ C230, this car has shown total of 4 codes, (P0172, too rich bank 1), (P0128, coolant temp below thermostat), (P0170, fuel trim malfunction bank 1), (P0715, imput/turbine speed sensor A). Car drive like it was out of gas, no power, but it drive in slow speed. I believe the first 3 codes was caused by code P0715, but I am not too sure and not know which sensor causes this. Any hitech people had experience fixing this problem? Oh, this car has turbo, it is a kompressor. Thank you!
Cml5456

The turbo has a problem (bearing, seal) or the sensor is bad.

Remove intake to compressor side of turbo, grasp the compressor wheel, if it has ANY vertical or lateral movement, then you will most likely have to replace turbo cartridge. Also inspect compressor wheel for " knicks" on blades and any deformed blades. Proper lubrication to turbo is CRITICAL.

How much boost are you getting? (Psi, kpa). Is there any blue smoke out exhaust.

Do you use a full synthetic oil?

The rich and fuel trim problems are turbo related. The coolant code may be unrelated.

Mmprince4000