ENGINE CONTROL UNIT

2001 Mercedes Benz C230

2001 Mercedes Benz C230 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 30000 miles

hi, greetings from india, bud my mercedes benz c 200 had water seep into it one night because of flooding, now it wont start, the dealer says I have to buy a new engine control unit, how much will it cost me?Also new fuse boxes. Pricing please?
Samit

Pricing may very greatly due to international pricing and exchange rates. However here in the US an engine control unit, also known as the ME, will run anywhere from $1000-1500 dollars US. As for your fuse panels, plan on spending at least $700 a piece for these units. Also beware of flooded vehicles. Once a vehicle has taken on water it may never perform well again. Main reason being when water is introduced into the electrical system you will see many control units taken out, not just the ME. All control units that were exposed to water will more than likely be faulty. Also you may see intermittent electrical faults due to corrosion growing in the wiring harnesses because of exposure to water.

Gfimotorcars