OIL CHANGE AND RADIO CODE

1999 Mercedes Benz C230

1999 Mercedes Benz C230 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 149000 miles

My husband took my benz in for a oil change to Wal-Mart they put in 10W-30 I told him to make sure they did synthetic, he didn't do that. They are willing to drain it and put in new synthetic oil in. We did this today and they said it should be ok. He also bought the oil filter at O'Rilleys, should he get a new oil filter and is this mess up going to ruin my car.

Also last time I took my car to shop to fix air conditioner I got it back w/ radio not working. They gave a code of 0222 that never worked I took it too them returned 2 hrs later and they had not started on it. I have not had a chance to go back and was a little fixed that they did not re set it at that time. Is this something I can do myself. Thank You. Rita
Ritagmc

You should be okay with the filter. Oil filters like Fram are very good and can be purchased everywhere so you should be fine. As for the radio code. If you have lost the code or the code you have doesn't work you're going to have to take it to a dealership so they can check the part number agaist their code database. Some dealers will charge for this some won't.

Gfimotorcars