CRANK POSITION SENSOR

1997 Mercedes Benz C230

Engine problem
1997 Mercedes Benz C230 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 136000 miles

Hello, I need to change the crank position sensor on my C230, Could you please tell where it is located and do I need any extra ordinary tools to get to it?
Ms_mads

Its on the back of the engine on the drivers side.

Stevew84
Hello, Thanks for your response and I was able to find it and replaced it.

My car still does not seem to start. I have changed the crank position sensor, mass air flow sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition coils.

When I crank it, it appears to start for around 2 seconds and then dies.

Any suggestions would be of big help.

Ms_mads
When you turn the key, your vehicle will try to crank for a few seconds untill the engine reaches above 400rpm then it will disengage the starter. What it seems is that your engine cranks but does not start. Even though you replaced your fuel pump, I would still check fuel pressure. It sounds like a fuel or spark issue. Also check your fuses for your fuel injectors and ignition coil packs. It may get expensive to replace random parts. It might just be cheaper to get it daignosed at a shop/dealership and repair it yours self. Hope this helps

Westcoast619