AIRBAG LOOSE ON STEERING WHEEL

1997 Mercedes Benz C230

Steering problem
1997 Mercedes Benz C230

The airbag/horn on the steering wheel is loose (so loose that the horn goes off when I turn corners) and I need to know how to tighten it?

I see two smal holes on the back of the steering wheel that appear to be where two screws or bolts hold the airbag onto the wheel, but I cannot tell their head type (hex, philip, flat, allen, torx, etc.) Or if they are have fallen out and need to be replaced.

Any details on how to tighten the existing screws/bolts, or specs on replacement screws/bolts would be appreciated.

Scooter_32

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation, there is no indication as to what the head form is, we do not have a Benz specialist at the moment sorry, but I would be expecting that it will be a form of tamper proof screw, I would not touch it as if there is a problem it may deploy with out warning, I would visit your dealer for therm to inspect this ASAP.

Mhpautos