SUN VISORS

1976 Mercedes Benz 450sl

Interior problem
1976 Mercedes Benz 450sl V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

i am trying to replace the sun visors and it looks like the header panel cover where the sun visors attach has to be removed. How do I remove this cover. I dont want to break anything
Monkeybrain

To remove the visors, you'll have to remove the trim over the windshield.

1) Grab the rear view mirror and yank it off. It's held by springs, and this is the correct removal procedure.

2) Remove the three phillips head screws holding the mirror mount base in place. Keep track of the way the base is installed - if you put it back upside down, the mirror won't mount properly.

3) Remove the two phillips head screws (one on each side) closer to the A pillar.

4) Gently pull down each trim piece, starting at the center. It slots into place at the A pillar, and pulling too far, too fast can break the trim.

5) Once the trim clears the next piece, pull it toward the center of the car to unseat it from the A pillar.

You'll now have the two phillips head screws exposed that will allow you to remove the sun visors.

ScottinSoCal