POSSIBLE ELECTRICAL ISSUE?

1993 Mercedes Benz 300e

1993 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 183000 miles

while driving, the abs brake warning light came on briefly then off. Some time later it came on again as well as the srs warning light, then the radio turned off. Shortly thereafter I parked and turned off the engine. When I went to start it up again it would not. Only click as if the started would not engage.(Starter has been replaced 2x) finally after some time it started but with the srs and abs warning lights back on. Any thoughts?
Kirkrockwell

It sounds like you may be experiencing an electrical short or possibley a control unit failing. The fact that the radio is not coneected to the SRS and ABS makes me think that it may be a wiring short. Check your engine wiring harness. Open the hood and grab large sections of the wiring and move it, shake it. Try starting the vehicle. Any changes? If not check the wiring thoroughly for any evidence of rodents. Rodents like to chew on wiring and when they do they will cause unusual electrical faults. If all looks good you may be having issues with a control unit. This will require proper diagnosis with a MB handheld scanner.

Gfimotorcars
Thank you for the info and reply! Much appreciated

Kirkrockwell
Glad we could help. Let me know if you need any further assistence. Thank you for using 2carpros. Com

Gfimotorcars