TRANSMSSION PROBLEM

1991 Mercedes Benz 300e

1991 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 167000 miles

My 1991 Mercedes 300E will not move in any gear. I raised one rear wheel off the ground and the wheel turned forward in all forward gears and in reverse. With wheels on the ground and in any gear the car makes a very slight forward movement when engine is reved but doesn't actually go anywhere. I disconnected the top line from the transmission cooler and reved engine a bit with transmission in gear and saw no fluid. No fluid has leaked from transmission, fluid is at correct level. Fluid and filter was changed about 5000 miles ago. The problem occured while driving at normal 50 MPH and not shifting up or down. Car holds in park.
Hrfpaw

Hi there,

thank you for the donation,

With no fluid at the cooler with the engine running, I would say that the pump drive or the pump has failed, you will need to have this towed to a transmission specialist for more detailed investigations.

Mhpautos