MERCEDES BENZ 300E SPARK PROBLEM

1989 Mercedes Benz 300e

1989 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl

I am trying to figure out why my car is hesitating. My boyfriend says that its the fule pump or the fuel lines but I do not think so. It hesitated when I tried to take off at a green light from a complete stop and my boyfriend said that it died o him yesterday when he was at a stop light and wouldn't start
Aleece2008

Lets do below for a start to determine if its fuel or spark related issue and get back with some results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it