BLOWER MOTOR LOCATION

1987 Mercedes Benz 300e

Air Conditioning problem
1987 Mercedes Benz 300e 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

i have found the case but I know there is an easier way to replace the blower motor. Can you help?
can we go thru the caul in front by the wiper motor or do we need to go under/ behind the dash?
DWIGHT'S GARAGE

I've changed 2 of them on mercedes, but I dont recall what models they were.

I got to the motor on both of them from under the hood.

Buddycraigg
I HAVE REPLACED THE BLOWER MOTOR ON A 1990 300E. IT'S NOT DIFFICULT. THE MERCEDES MECHANIC WANTED TO CHARGE ME 1000.17 TO REPLACE THE BLOWER MOTOR. AFTER HAVING DONE IT ONCE, ( I PUT THE MOTOR IN BACKWARDS!) I REDID IT AND IT TOOK 17 MINUTES TO EXPOSE THE BLOWER MOTOR. I NOW NO LONGER USE THIS MECHANIC. YOU ACCESS THE BLOWER MOTOR BY TAKING THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR OFF COMPLETELY. REMEMBER WHERE EVERY BOLT GOES. TAKE THE W/S WIPER ARMATURE OFF INTACT. IT HELPS TO ALWAYS PLACE THE PARTS ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE CAR WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF AND IN THE SAME ORIENTATION. THERE ARE SILVER CLIPS THAT HOLD THE BLOWER MOTOR HOUSING ON THAT NEED TO BE PUSHED OFF AND THEY MUST GO BACK ON OR THE FAN WILL ALWAYS HAVE A RATTLE/BUZZ. ( ASK ME HOW I KNOW THAT ). BEFORE BUTTONING IT UP, IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO TURN THE A/C ON AND TEST THE FAN. MAKE SURE THE SQUIRREL CAGES ARE SPINNING IN THE CORRECT DIRECTION. I TESTED MINE BEFORE CLOSING THINGS UP AND ATTRIBUTED THE LESSER AIR-FLOW TO THE FACT THAT I HADN'T YET PUT THE TOP OF THE BLOWER FAN HOUSING ON. I WAS WRONG. THE SILVER CLIPS I SPOKE ABOUT EARLIER ARE LOCATED ALL ALONG THE FRONT AND SIDES AS WELL AS TWO HIDDEN ONES ON THE BACK THAT YOU REALLY WON'T KNOW ABOUT UNLESS YOU'VE DONE THIS BEFORE. ALSO, PUT A TOWEL IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PLASTIC DECK JUST BELOW THE W/S WIPER. YOU WILL LOSE A SCREW OR TWO DOWN THAT BOTTOMLESS AIR DUCTING IF YOU DON'T. ( ASK ME HOW I KNOW THAT AS WELL ). ALSO, I USED ONLY HAND TOOLS. NOTHING ELECTRIC OR AIR POWERED. A REAL MECHANIC WITH THOSE TOOLS COULD MOST LIKELY REPLACE THAT MOTOR IN 30 MINUTES OR EVEN LESS. AND CAREFUL WITH THE W/S BLADE ARMATURE. I THINK IT WOULD BE FAIRLY EASY TO CRACK A WINDSHIELD. HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK.

Injectors