MY GAS PEDAL GOT STUCK!

1992 Mercedes Benz 190e

1992 Mercedes Benz 190e 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 176337 miles

My little Macy is a 190e, Mercedes Benz. Everything is very well with the car. Up to date fluid changes and what not. She's all I have!
Last night I was running low on fuel so, I pulled over into a gas station I have never used. I put premium gas and started my way home.
On the way home my gas pedal went all the way in to the floor board and didn't pop back out!
I was going no more than 10 miles per hour (like a turtle) and slowing down as I drove. Luckily, I was a block from my home. I coasted into the drive. I put the car into reverse, still no gas pedal action. Everything else is fine though. So, I parked her.
Went out this morning and the pedal came out a little. As I started the car and pumped it, it went back in with a little click, hummmmm.
So, What do ya think could be the problem?

Thank you so much,

Stranded at home!
Angel ; )
Angel Renteria

Vinaction
Thank you so much for the advice!
My uncle fixed but...
Two days ago it happened again and I was stranded on the side of the highway. He rigged it and I made home.
I did not know it was that simple to fix. I truly thought I would need to go to MB and order the whole Trottle cable.
Thank you again! I'm so Happy!!
Heading to Auto zone to pick up a rubber grommet.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/233235_macy_2.jpg

You're An Angel, Vinaction!
Have a great day!!

Angel

Angel Renteria