B2300 HESITATES/LURCHES AFTER S

2003 Mazda Truck

2003 Mazda Truck 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 59000 miles

Over this past weekend my 2003 B2300 has begun to hesitate/lurch after shifting into gear (any gear and I usually shift gears between 2500 & 2800 RPMS). After shifting gears, the truck responds by hesitating/lurching and then smoothes out. Occassionally this will occur for several seconds.
I have found that if I press the clutch pedal again and release it while the problem is occuring, the problem does not appear until I shift again. I have also tried shifting while the RMPS are higher than 3000 and have found that it does not occur or the heistation/lurching pass quickly.

It happens frequently - but not all the time. I have replaced the fuel filter, ran a tank of gas with fuel injector clearner and cleaned the MAF sensor no avail. Other then this, the truck idles and runs fine. The check engine light does not kick on. I have tried to get a local autoparts store to scan for fault codes - but I was told that they would not do it without the check engine light being on.

Any ideas or help?
Jbehrne

Does it feel like an engine misfire? They usually occur at lower RPM's and clean out at higher. Inspect the plug wires for any arching to each other or to the engine. May want to check the plugs while you are at it.

Jack42
It does feel like it is missing on a cylinder - and like you have stated it occurs at lower RPMs. I did not think that it would need to have the wires or plugs checked due to the mileage being below the recommended tune up. I am going to replace both the wires and plugs tomorrow and will post if it corrected the problem or not.

Jbehrne
Hey, I am currently having the exact same problem with my 2002 Mazda B2300, Were you able to fix yours? I am going to change out my spark plugs but I am just curious to see what was causing the problem for you? Thanks!

BeckyDaisy