REAR DRUM WON'T GO BACK ON?

1986 Mazda Truck

Brakes problem
1986 Mazda Truck

I have a 1986 Mazda B200 Pick-Up. I ordered rear brake shoes for it and the store I ordered them from showed only one part. Got the part home and got it installed correctly as far as I can tell, but the drum won't go back on. I have adjusted as much as I can but it's still a no go. I got fed up with it and came inside to cool off and see what I could find on the internet. Didn't find anything. It does appear that the new shoe is a bit longer than the old one, but the holes match up and the store swears there is only one replacement part and that they've given me the right part. Any ideas on what I could have missed? Thanks for any help!
Bullockchip

Just in case anyone else runs across this, I found the problem. The wheel cylinder was old and stuck. I replaced it and the drum went back on with no problem.

Bullockchip