O/D LIGHT FLASHING?

2001 Mazda Tribute

2001 Mazda Tribute 6 cyl Automatic 100000 miles

my " o/d off" light was flashing when we were driving through the mountains. When we turned the car off and on again it went away and has been off ever since. That was yesterday. We werent even using o/d. We tried turning the o/d button on and then off but it was still flashing. I looked in the manual and it said that if it is flashing then damage to the transaxle could occur. But it stopped flashing after we turned the car off and then on. Should I worry about this?
Andreamarie44

Hi there,

Have any fault codes extracted and identified, your dealer or transmission specialist can do this for you, the code will be a fault with in the transmission.

Mhpautos
Actually, I have the same problem with the flashing O/D light and rough shifting, but I tried to get the codes and it read " No Codes"

Outinthewoodsnf
Hi there,

often, generic code readers won't read all codes, you may have to get a factory read done, or have access to a top end scanner, try this.

Mhpautos