FLOODING

1991 Mazda RX7

I have a 1991 Mazda RX 7. It was running rich for a while, then it wouldnt start. It is putting so much fuel in the engine that it constantly gets the plugs wet. Its getting good spark to the leading and trailing plugs, and the plugs are new. The injectors are spraying way to much fuel. Any ideas?
Tripod67

Coolant sensor

Jack42
Have the compression checked by a shop that knows how to do a compression test on a rotary engine. Rx-7's all smell like they are running to 'rich'. Its just the way they are, rx-7's use alot of fuel and have very agressive fuel trims while running. If it is flooding the engine alot, you may have a weak chamber, apex seal(s) or side rotor seal(s). By no means take your rx-7 to the local shop and expect 'expert' diagnosis of a rotary engine. Take it too a 'rotary' specialised shop or a Mazda dealer.

Cosmo. Mazda Tech

Cosmo