VEHICLE WON'T START

2003 Mazda Protege

2003 Mazda Protege 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 72,000 miles

2003 Mazda Protégé 5. 72,000 miles. For the last few years I’ve had an intermittent issue with the vehicle not starting. Driving under different conditions, various distances, I will park the car for a short period of time, then go to start it again only to get battery power but no engine. No cranking or clicking noises, just silence. Then anywhere from an hour to a day later, after various tries with the same result, it will start up again like new and drive for days or months until the next reoccurrence. I’ve had two Mazda dealerships look at it (including when it was under warrantee) and several mechanics, but no one can pinpoint the problem. Would greatly appreciate any ideas.
Mazda75

Protege Vehicle Won't Start
2003 Mazda Protege 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

2003 Mazda Protg 5. 90,000 miles. For the last few years had an intermittent issue with the vehicle not starting. Driving under different conditions, various distances, I will park the car for a short period of time, then go to start it again only to get battery power but no engine. No cranking or clicking noises, I just hear a small click. Then anywhere from an hour to a day later, after various tries with the same result, it will start up again like new and drive for days or months until the next reoccurrence. What is the problem?

Marius Caron
Have the starter relay and ignition switch checked and tested