SQUEALING NOISE WHEN DRIVING

1999 Mazda Protege

Noises problem
1999 Mazda Protege 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

When I start the car in cold weather there is a loud squealling noise easisly heard by our neighbors. The noise continues from the point of backing out of my driveway to driving down the street for 1/2 mile or so and then goes away if I continue in the driving mode. When I stop at a stop sign and then conintue going forward or turning the squealling noise comes back for awhile.
As the weather warms up the initial squealing noise when I start the car does not happen however when driving for a short distance and then stopping and turning the squealing noises reoccurs for awhile.
I had the car looked at by an independent mechanic who drove it for a week adn tightened the belts but the noise continued. I took it to the Mazda dealership and unfortunately they claimed they could not reproduce the noise.
I really would like to get rid of the noise permanently. Can you help?
MazdaRon

It sounds like a belt noise, I would replace all the belts, and inspect the pulleys for wear and damage.

Mhpautos