WONT START

1994 Mazda Protege

1994 Mazda Protege 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 168000 miles

The car wont start. I checked the coil and the plugs, no spark when cranking the engine. I replaced the coil still no spark. Wires have been replaced, cap and rotor also. I just recieved this car as a gift and I recieved it in this condition. I also replaced the (black) main fuse. No broken wires.
Davidlm1967

Hi davidlm1967, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation.

Inspect and test the crankshaft position sensor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ignition power to the coil and get back with some results.

There is no crankshaft position on the 1994 model. Coil has power on the + side of the connector, no spark coming out (new coil) module has power going into + side (new module) power from the ignition to coil. Ok. I have no dash lights even when I turn the key on to start no lights at all. Half of the dash is taken out and no wires are loose or burned. I'm lost lol

update: I repaired a wire in the harness and checked all connector paoints. I have spark coming out of the coil. I'm going to replace the plugs, cap and rotor because I have a intermitten spark meaning not 1 2 3 4 in a row, also the spark is weak, the next [roblem i'm going to takle is the no dash light, I have the warning lights, (assor. Lights) but the light to light up the dash. I've checked all the wires connetors and everything is fine, next is to take the cluster out and check the bulbs.

Davidlm1967
Check and test all your fuses and fusible links and also test the ignition switch-Also check and test the distributor pick-up coi/hall effect sensor