MODELS SHIFTER

2000 Mazda Other

2000 Other Mazda Models 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

I went to shift my car into drive this morning, and it wouldn't go into drive. I shook the shifter while holding brake down heard a pop then the shifter moved into drive without me putting my foot on the brakeand now it wont let me take the key out its stuck in the acc position unless I pull the room fuse and it pop it out.
Erniegram

Something in the shiftlock is broken or shorted, but I cant look it up without knowning what Mazda you drive

Jack42
2000 mazda millenia S 2.3l

Erniegram
Sounds like the shift lock solenoid is broken and causing the jam in the column. You will need to get under the left side of the dash to visually inspect the solenoid for damage

Jack42
Because when I step on the brake I usually feel a click then I can shift the car and its a console shifter

Erniegram
Then you need to gain access to the shifter to check the solenoid. If the key wouldnt turn, that is usually an indicator of the shifter not being all the way in park. Something down there is jamming it up, possibly the lock solenoid. My software said that is where the solenoid is, kind of difficult when you cant actually look at the car.

Jack42
Do you know where I could find a diagram to show me where it is and what it look like

Erniegram
Thanks for the help

Erniegram