HARD START/ NO START/ STALLING

1991 Mazda MX6

1991 Mazda MX6 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 96041 miles

My 1991 Mazda MX-6 has been giving me problems lately. It takes forever to start, if I can even get it started. I have installed new spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, distributor rotor, and fuel filter. When it actually runs, and I floor the gas on the highway, it backfires and dogs down almost like it isnt getting enough fuel. I am thinking that perhaps the coil isnt giving it adequate spark, but before I go hanging any more parts on it I thought I might ask first
James1969h

It takes forever to start, if I can even get it started.

Next time it refuses to start-do below to determine if its fuel or spark is causing it and get back with me.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it