STARTING PROBLEMS

2000 Mazda MX5

2000 Mazda MX5 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 151, 00 miles

This car becomes progressivley harder to start the longer it sits without being run. After one day, it takes a few seconds to start, after 3 or 4 days, it may not start at all.

The engine turns over normally, and has a spark. When it won't start, I can remove the plugs, and they are wet - I assume that means the car is flooded. I replace the plugs, and it starts. There's no check engine light.

Any ideas?
Lwphillips

Ok if you would do me a favor unplug the coolant temp sensor, it is a three wire sensor and measure the ohms of resistance between term a and b of the sensor not the wire harness and do this when the car is cold. It located on the left side of the engine Now get back to me with the ohms reading and the air temp at the time of the test. Here is a pic so you know what term it what. Let me know what you find.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_Graphic_110.jpg

Racefan966
Got spark but no ignition-check the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge designed for your fuel system and get back with the fuel pressure readings so that we continue to serve you.