CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON

2005 Mazda MPV

Computer problem
2005 Mazda MPV 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

Check engine light came on, went to autozone for diagnostic. P2187 and P2189 were the codes. Says causes could be large vacuum leak, fuel system malfunction, MAF sensor faulty or Ignition system malfunction. Car is running fine. No stalling, plenty of power. What should I do? Fuel injection cleaner? Buy a new MAF sensor? Could this just be a mis-read if car is running fine? Please let me know. Thanks!

Cameron Decker
Camerondecker

What I would do is clear the codes and drive the car, if the code re sets then we will know where to start looking, often the codes don't re set if the car feels and drives normally, there may be nothing to worry about.

Mhpautos
Thanks for the info. How do I clear the codes? Please let me know. Thanks!

Cameron Decker

Camerondecker
Hi there, reading Mitchell 1 it looks like you will have to get a scanner to erase the OBD 11 codes, if you try and take the battery neg of you may erase some set engine management parameters and This will require further re sets and delays.

Mark

Mhpautos