FRONT PASSENGER WINDOWS DOES NOT OPERATE

2001 Mazda MPV

2001 Mazda MPV 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a MAZDA MPV LX 2001
the front passenger side window stopped working some time back.
I can hear some clicking sound from the front passenger door if I activate the " driver side" switch to enable window operation

Any help is appreciated

I am capable of replacing parts myself-got the mechanical skills.

but lacking experience on what to buy

as these parts are not returnable if incorrectly bought and have a re-stocking fee.

-switch assy : 45 $
-power regulator assy : 95 $
-power motor : ?

i
Mannu

First of all thank you so much for your donation. If you can hear the motor clicking when you operate the switch then most likely you have power to the motor and the switch is good. But you need to remove the door panel and make sure you have battery voltage to the motor in both the up and down switch position. If you do then lets try this while you are putting the switch in the down position if it's stuck up then tap on the motor and see if the window start's going down. If the window is stuck in down position then put the switch in the up position while taping on the motor to see if the window goes up. If the window start's working then we will know that the glass just isn't binding up. We will also know the window regulator isn't broken. Let me know what you find and we will go from there. Also make sure not to get the hammer stuck in the regulator or break the window. Wear safety glasses just in case.

Thanks for the quick response

Before I open up the door and panel
I had the following comments and want to see if this will help further diagnosis.

1. This passenger side window operates " fine" if I do a cold start on a " warm morning" -say 12 pm ( when the sun is up)

2. It never works on a cold morning at 7 am

3. On a warm morning at 12 pm if I operate the driver side window 1st, the passenger side window never operates ( Strange but consistent behavior)

Any further comments on what could be the problem? Switch / motor/regulator?
Do you suspect the regulator?

Do you by any chance have a procedure/steps /picture/video to remove the door panel?

Mannu

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2001_mazda_mpv_lx_part1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2001_mazda_mpv_lx_part2_1.jpg

Sorry about that i posted the instruction's for removing the door panel.I think it's the motor but i want you to take the door panel off when it's not working and test for power to the motor when you move the switch up and down position.If you found the power regulator assembly with the motor for 95 and it turn's out to be the motor i would just replace it with that.You have one of those cable operated window regulators they get brittle and break so better to just change it all.I saw just the motor for 99 so if you can get the regulator with for less then i would go that route.Let me know what you find.

Hi

thanks again for the diagram - it will help

I was wondering if you could attach/upload a PDF of the screenshots so that I could print it.

If I print this, the resolution is very small for me to see it even with reading glasses.

Thanks in advance

Mannu
I emailed you the screen shot's so you can print them. That's a great price on the window regulator by the way. Let me know what you find.