RPM METER

2007 Mazda CX7

2007 Mazda CX7 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 29900 miles

I have a question regarding my 2007 Mazda CX-7. Once in a while when starting the car in the morning or after its been sitting a while my RPM meter goes up and down for a few seconds. Sometimes while driving I feel the car losing power like its slowing down and about to stall, but goes back to normal after a few seconds. The car will be fine for about a week, then for a day or two act up, than go back to normal. My engine light is not on.
Mbarakat19

I can help you with this question because I am going through the same thing! The 2007 model has known and confirmed issues of the engine (usually starting at around 60,000 miles). The problem is the VVT (variable valve timing) and timing chain. They both are confirmed problems direct from Mazda. Hopefully you still have a warranty because the repair cost seems to be between $1200 up to $4000 (depending on where you live). This can also cause a ticking or rattling noise and or sound like a diesel engine at times.

AHamilton