NO INJECTOR PULSE

1989 Mazda b2600

1989 Mazda b2600 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 154K miles

GOT A SMALL PROBLEM WITH MY TRUCK.I dont have a injector pulse. No matter what I try I cant seam to find the problem. Wiring checks out new module in it and pickup. Also changed the distrupter computer(got 3 of those)(most parts came off a running truck that needed major motor work.)Its getting spark, changed coils to a round one it hada 4 wire 2 plug coil the one I put in it all part stores said would work I called 5 different ones and all said same thing. Changed out the wiring harness the wires where green with croasion. Im unemployed and just ran out of unemployment comp so im broke. Spent the last few months working on truck trying all kinds of different things and nothing.I found a carb and intake for it thats a last ditch dont want to do that. At this point I can tell u what wire goes to where just by looking at it. The wire is a red wire with a wire suroundind it and a blackandwhite wire going to the pickup and that in turns goes to the module I am so tired of being carless I cant get a job until I get it running and cant get trucking going with no money im chasing my tail per say. Phone number is 937 829 9148 or email is sledge302000@yahoo. Com and if I got to check things tell where there located thanks
Sledge302000

PCMs have an internal driver circuit for grounding (or in some cases energizing) the injectors. Problems here can disable one or more injectors depending on how the system is wired. In some cases, a shorted injector will kill the driver circuit in the PCM. And don't forget the power relay that supplies voltage to the injectors. If this relay dies, it will disable all of the injectors and that is here our case.
First check the fuse fuel inj 30A in the fuse box.
If the fuse is good, replace the main relay. The relay is located under the dash, near the fuse box. That is the quick way to find out if the relay is bad

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46384_0900c15280076dfc_2.jpg

Check the email for bigger diagram

Mathiaso
Where is the main relay exactly and what does it look like. Also do u have the voltage readings on the fuel injector pulse cutout relay. Or is that the oneur talking about its under the kick panel driverside the black box that has about 10 wires or so.I have changed that relay the fuel cut out relay the fuel relay. Got all those for another truck I need to see if I can get a signal to computer or to injectors or both. Got an after market coil on it would that make a difference than the oringal. Had 2 cut end of connectors to make it work but saved enough to put back on if I had too. Can I get the voltage reading to the computer aslo so I can check every single wire for the correct voltage that to the comp and that pulse cut out relay. Ive replace wiring harness and put new fuses in fuseblock

Sledge302000
The white and green wire is from the 30 A injector fuse. The 2 W/G wires goes to the relay (Main relay)
It is on the wiring diagram I send to your email.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46384_fuse_2.jpg

Relay

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46384_relay_3.jpg

This is the relay you need.
You can find it at Auto zone
if the relay is replaced, the fuse is replaced and still there is no pulse to the injectors, the crank sensor might be bad. Computer relies on crank sensor signal to activate the injectors.
The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor, located on the front cover (near the crankshaft pulley)

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/46384_cranck_sensor_1.jpg

Mathiaso
Truck dont have it was born in feb12 of 89 the pic of the cranshaft sensor and the relay are not in that truck wish that was the case too easy that looked to be a 90 or newer I got 3 belts on my truck the old v belt. Dealer also said no cranksecsor on that truck every thing ran thru distribator and pickup. Try 88 I know that this will make u pull hair out if u had it. Is there a way to check the comp with jumper wires since there isnt a hand held comp to read codes

Sledge302000
1989 Mazda Truck B2600I 2.6L FI 4cyl

1989 Mazda Truck B2600 2.6L 2BL 4cyl

which one is your truck?
I found also distributor on 1987-88 2.6L engine.

Mathiaso
Got a 1989b2600i if I cant get it running soon im changing out the injectors for a carb. Ive tried everything and neighbor is a machanic and hes just as stupt as I am. Dont want to do that want my truck as it came out of factory. Ive done everything can think plus some

Sledge302000
I have send diagrams to your email, show them to the neighbor mechanic.
The diagram is correct for 1989 Mazda Truck B2600I 2.6L FI 4cyl

Mathiaso
Dont have a cranksensor and there is no pink wires in the harness.it does have a fuel injector cutour relay that i know of i will send a pic of that there is a module pickup the temp and other montering sensors the 3 fuse mainblock and the injector wiring plus the lights thats all thats in the motor area.u think that the cutout relay takes place of the cranksensor.if i strait wire it to the 2e and 2g pins on comp will it work. there are 2 wires that match the colors on the connector. just to see if that makes it work.u are helping alot im sorry if i am giving u a hard time

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/452833_Image005_1.jpg

this is a japan truck the newer models are ford i have done my homework on this truck i can fix anything else on this truck easy just dont know the injector system if i had anything else to drive i woulda burnt it down already

Sledge302000
The 2 wires I said I said wrong wrong diagraim the 2 I looked at was the clutch safty switch/still u think that that might work if I did that strait wired that fuel cutout relay to the comp. At least to run a voltage test or 3. The place on my truck where the crank sensor is a oil presure release. Im wanting to get truck goin so bad that I get miagrains when I work on it. Im sorry if I am sounding like a prick.U are helping alot.

Sledge302000
Hi sledge302000

I'm still working on your truck

a bad pcm driver circuit could be the problem and causes injectors not to pulse.
Bad injector relay or PCM driver circuit might be the problem.
The PCM has to be hooked up to a sophisticated simulator that exercises all of the computer's input and output circuits to make sure it works correctly - which means the PCM has to go back to the supplier, be retested, and if no fault is found, repackaged and put back into stock.
I'm still working on the right diagram.
I have US and Canada made. You said this one was made in japan?

Mathiaso
Page 1 of 2