LOSS OF FUEL PRESSURE

2005 Mazda b2300

2005 Mazda b2300 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 48000 miles

My truck stopped running one day on an exit from the highway. I hit the fuel reset and had to wait several minutes before it would start. I have replace the fuel pump and it still didn't start. I had pressure so I tested and replaced the spark plugs. I then went to start the truck and found that it would still not start. I released all the fuel pressure and tried again on the off chance that the fuel wasn't pressurizing and found that it wasn't. I check the fuel cutoff switch and found that it had shorted, so I bypassed it and I am still not getting pressure. I can hear the pump try to prime, but it won't build pressure. I also checked all the fuses and relays. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sixtydgree

Hi sixtydgree,

Thank you for the donation.

If the fuel pump is working, you need to test if it is pushing out fuel. Was the pump replaced new or used?

Any possibility of the terminals being wrongly installed?

Other thing to check would be the fuel pressure regulator and restricton or clogging of lines or filter.

Thanks very much for the insight. It was a simple kinked line. I appreciate it.

Sixtydgree
Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Thank you for using 2carpros and have a nice day.