SCANNER CODES (P0135 AND P0155)

1996 Mazda b2300

Computer problem
1996 Mazda b2300 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 85624 miles

Well here we go again.
Check Engine Light came on today so i got out my scanner and received codes P0135 and P0500. checked my manual and code P0135 - 02 SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION and P0500 - VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR MALFUNCTION. With no symptom's that i can detect. Deleted codes but came back, My next step is to do a visual on the sensors, wireing, fuses. I'll post my findings soon as possiable. From what i have read from this site
http://repairpal.com/OBD-II-Code-P0135-and-P0155 the 02 Sensor is probally the culprit, But you never no with codes, ss if someone can give me their opinion i would appreciate it very much.

Thank You
MellowDog

Hi MellowDog,

P0135 and P0155 are actually for the same problem, just that the sensor indicated is for different banks ( usually for V engine where there are 2 different exhaust. It usually is the fault of the sensor but testing to confirm would be the correct thing to do first.

P0500 is for the vehicle Speed sensor. Is the speedometer working correctly?

I have some files that would help you in the diagnosis but you did not provide any email so I am not able to sent them to you. The files are rather complicated to be posted here and the graphics are not too good.

Thank you for replying, I got lucky and found a blown 15 amp fuse in in the Distrobution Box in the engine compartment, Strange thing is I was exoecting it to blow the fuse when I started the truck but nothing, I checked the sensors and the entire wiring loom that runs to both sensors and it is in perfect shape. I do have A very powerful stereo and speaker system and it was causing a draw on my truck and make the lights flicker. I upgraded all my wiring coming from the battery and alternator and to my amp and all is good sofar, I'll keep you up to date. Thanks Again

MellowDog
Thanks for the input and would be keeping an eye on this.

Have a nice day.