ROUGH ENGINE IDLING AND NO POWER

1992 Mazda b2200

1992 Mazda b2200 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 120000 miles

When the truck is started black smoke is emitted from the muffler it will not idle at all. The smoke is very gassy like rich smelling. There is no power at all and when go up a hill or down the highway the truck won't get over 60 mph. It shakes bad while running and takes awhile to get it to start there is a new head and new clutch in it but the guy who had it put the head in and hasn't ran right since.
Nickwrobleski

I had the same issue, and I found out that the timing belt was stretched, and the timing started to slip slowly. My truck would idle at 100/200 rpm, puff black smoke and just wouldnt idle normally. So I readjusted my timing. And everything is fine. Besides the fact I have to still replace the timing belt. I had no power before I did it. I would be going 35 mph by the time I hit 3rd gear. And shifting into 4th. But once I changed it. I had good power. Hope it helps

Gotahami