HESITATION..

1990 Mazda b2200

1990 Mazda b2200 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 160, 00 miles

I got a mazda b2200 for $500, the guy said the timing belt is stretched, he took the bolt out of the distributor adjuster hole, moved the distributor around passed it to compensate I guess, it hard to start and when it starts it sounds like it running on 2 cylinders sorta, when it gets warm it kinda stops, runs poorly, sounds like it is missing, what do I do, it is a nice looking truck and wanna save it, also said that he put plugs and wires in it. And it still acts up, oil looks good as does the coolant.
Pavementpoundins10

The only thing to do is try to get everything back to normal fix his little distributer mickymouse rig. And then take a look at the timing belt. And replace. I don't know he's saying the belt stretched? Whats that mean, its been slipping timing? Better look into it. Maybe even a compression test. To check for possible damage to the valves

Legitimate007