WONT START

1988 Mazda b2200

1988 Mazda b2200 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 101000 miles

Report abuse

1988 Mazda B2200 wont start after replacing, plugs, wires, rotor, cap and coil. What happenned? Cant figure what possibly could have gone wrong. Have done my own tune-ups before with no problem. Just finished putting plugs and wires on my 97Buick Regal. Pulled my Mazda truck in the garage today and replaced the plugs, wires, coil, rotor, distributor cap and coil. The ignition system doesn't have points and condenser. My repair manual says its electronic. Have had this truck for about two years and am retired and use it for short trips and such. The only thing weird was when I pulled the coil wire off it had oil in the top where it connects to the old coil. Stumped by that for sure. Thought this would be an easy job of tuning but to my dismay the truck instead of running better wont start. Put the old coil back on thinking it might be the new coil that was bad. There is no one but me here so I cant see if Im getting any fire. Checked all the plug wires and have a good connection. Checked everything and cant figure it out. Everything was replaced exactly as it was removed. Please help.
Getting fire to plugs.

I would recheck everything from plugs are they the same, cap rotor same, coil make sure it is wired right.
In all my years of working on cars you can over look the most simple thing.
I say take a break have a beer and go back after it
Good luck

Docfixit