2.2L NOT GETTING FUEL TO THE ENGINE!

1990 Mazda 626

I've already spent over 200 dollars on a fuel pump that I just found out I don't need. The old one is working fine, but I am still not getting gas to the engine and cannot get the car to start. Does anyone know where the relay switch is or what else could possibly be wrong? Thanks for anyone that can help.I'm going to lose my job if I can't get this fixed soon.

Thanks,
Trish
Mycar

I am not an expert but had similar problem with my maxima. First it was the fuel injection system. Had to replace a part.

And 2nd time it was due to the Distributor cap. Distrubutor cap was cracked. Car was cranking but no spark was generating. Hopefully it helps

Scorpio612
Why do you say it's not getting fuel? Take the fuel filter to engine hose off, have a friend crank the engine, if you see fuel coming out then its probably the pressure regulator has taken a dive. If that's the case try back flushing it with Berrymans carb cleaner. If it still doesn't start try replacing the regulator. But its an expensive part $100+. Post your results.

Paloma Paul
Thanks for the help. Everyone.I know this sounds wierd. But its all fixed now.I guess it wasn't grounded properly! Thanks for the info!

Thanks,
Trish

Mycar