CAR WONT START

1987 Mazda 323

1987 Mazda 323 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 258350 miles

mazda 323 1.6i wont start it has spark, engine turns over, belts move fine, changed the battery and the alternator belt, checked all the plugs, check the fuel flow and pressure. I dont know whats going on.
Wormed

Check the valve and ignition timing

I'm wondering were to start on this car though this is my first Mazda, but it has mostly nipondenzo parts which is almost the same as my old geo metros.
So I was wondering if the cause of this problem was the fact my alternator belt broke, and the new one was smoking after it was replaced when the car shut down completely. I was also wondering how costly this may be to fix seeing is how im only moderately experienced with auto mechanics. My brother is a manager of an autozone and has tons more experience with these kinds of problems in fact we just changed the fuel filter yesterday with no avail. I really appreciate all the advice that is given to me and I will tell him that we need to do this. It was suggested to me by about six people now. So I will defiantly look into it. Thanks a million and I will post my results.

Wormed