ALTERNATOR OR BATTERY OKAY

1986 Mazda 323

1986 Mazda 323 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 207814 miles

I purchased a new battery and recharged old battery car works great with fresh battery. Then Dies out (when battery charge is lost) was sure it was alternator, pulled out old one brought it down to store had them test it. To my suprise he told me alternator is good. Canceled the alternator that was ordered from them. Now Alternator good, Battery good. Cleaned up positive and negative cables to battery, belt looks good. I'm lost. Need help, love the car but changing out battery is getting old and its cold and dark in Alaska.

Thanks for your help
Patio nelson

You probably have an electrical short eating up the battery and being in the land of the midnite sun will eat that battery faster then you can blink an eye-

Try below

Get a test light and disconnect the negative battery cable now put the light between the cable and battery negative post is the light On? If so start removing fuses one at a time -the fuse that turns off the light is the trouble circuit. Then break out the electrical wiring diagram.

In the event you removed all the fuses and the light is still On disconnect the alternator batt. Feed and the connector-if this one turns off the light-the alternator has bad diodes.