INTERMITTENT AIR CONDITIONING

2006 Mazda 3

Air Conditioning problem
2006 Mazda 3 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 190, 00 miles

Problem getting progressively worst. Last year, push the air conditioning button and get green light on switch and cold air. Every once in a while green light would go out and I would not get cold air, but problem would go away. Now, I push button and get green light and no cold air. For first 10 to 12 miles, and then all of sudden it starts blowing cold air. It will blow for 6 to 8 miles and then go off and start blowing warm air again. Thank you.
Rkrasmussen

Hi rkrasmussen, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

This can be caused by numerous things The AC system could be freezing up due to air and mositure, low pressure switch, magnetic clutch, clutch relay and HVAC control module.

I have the exact same problem with my ac in my 2005 Mazda 3sp with 58K. I am hestitant to take it to Mazda as I am out of warranty. But I live in FL and can only go so long like this! Please let me know the outcome. : -)

Lissa_6626