WINDOW AND WINDSHIELD

1998 Lincoln Town Car

1998 Lincoln Town Car V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 72,000 miles

My car was replaced with a new battery and altenator. Now, my electric windows and windshield wipers does not work. I checked all the fusses and they seem to be all right. Help !
Buddy Asuncion

Double check fuses 11(under hood power center), 18(interior fuse panel) and use a test light to be sure they have power in (key on) as well as power through the fuses

Jack42
RE: 1998 Lincoln town car, executive.

My electric windows and windshield wipers does not function. I checked all fusses under hood with circuit tester and all had red lights. Also replaced # 11 fuse with 40 amps anyway. On fuse panel, # 2, 4, 6, 8 does not light, but nothing to do with my problem.(Also replaced fuse you recommended to check). I still have same problem.

Any other solutions? Maybe relays?

Buddy Asuncion
There is a power window relay in the underhood power center. Try swapping it out with another relay to seeifit works. Otherwise test with atest light the yellow/lt green wire at te master (drivers ) window switch for power with key on

Jack42
RE: Lincoln town car electric window and windshield wiper.

I replaced the electric window relay, you recommended, and it now works. However, my windshield wiper still does not function.

The auto parts employee says that the relay is for electric window and windshield wiper. He thinks the surge may have burned the wiper wiring. Do you have any other thoughts, before another expensive repair?

Thank you for your patience and help in solving the electric window problem.

Buddy Asuncion
First find the wiper control module behind the center of the dash, has a 14 pin connector with the following colors (orange, dk green, black, black/white, brown/white, white, dk blue/white, black/pink. Test for power at the 2 dark green wires. The orange, dark blue/white and brown/white are inputs from tehmulti-function switch. They should power up whe differnet speeds are selected. The black/white should power up when washer pump is selected

Jack42