REAR SUSPENSION DROPPED

2001 Lincoln Navigator

Suspension problem
2001 Lincoln Navigator V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

After a long period of time hearing something that sounded like a noisy pump of some kind, the back of the Navigator has dropped to the bottom of the shocks.

I no longer hear the sound.

I'm guessing the pump died and I'm hoping it is a reasonable repair.

I borrowed a code reader from my brother, but it only showed code P1131

" HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR (HO2S) MONITOR - HO2S LACK OF SWITCHING
Diagnostic Trouble Code Description Possible Causes
P1131 -Lack of HO2S-11 Switch, Indicates Lean When an HO2S sensor indicates lean at the end of a test, the system is trying to correct for an over-lean condition. The code is set when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a calibrated amount of time. See Possible Causes for DTC P1130"

I'm also guessing that OBDII code P1131 is not related and will be another problem I have to fix.

Can you give me some idea of the parts that need to be replaced?

I've done a log of " backyard mechanicing", but mostly 20+ years ago.

Thank you!
Steve@annlor

The level ride pump was running for a reason. Could be a relay stuck on or it was sensing that the truck was sitting low in the rear. Need to see if the pump is still getting power or if it blew the fuse. If the fuse blew replace it and see if the pump still works. You will need to inspect the rear bags for rips or rub throughs. Did the pump keep running even though the truck was level? If the pump works, let it pump ur the truck to level and unplug it. See if the rear drops over time indicating a leak

Jack42
I had the same problem most likely is the air suspension compresor so I replace to a suspension kit you wont need the compresor or the air bags no more ill spend about 300dls on that you can get this kit on line @ strutmaster. Com ill hope this help with your problem.

Vipper01091972